Nitracomp 25® is a liquid fertilizer that provides a concentrated and soluble solution of modified amino methylene ureas. This product is the result of stable chemical reactions between concentrated urea and methylformadehyde, which produces a completely water soluble resin. One of the outstanding features of Nitracomp 25 is its ability to immediately release and assimilate 70% of the available nitrogen, while the remaining 30% acts as a controlled release with a long lasting effect, which can be extended between 3 to 4 weeks.
This fertilizer is specially formulated to promote vegetative development during growth stages that demand a high and prolonged supply of nitrogen. One of the benefits of foliar nitrogen is the plant's energy savings, since it avoids the process of absorption and transport of nutrients from the soil to the foliage. This means that the plant's energy consumption (derived from starches and proteins) is reduced.
The technical characteristics of Nitracomp 25 include the formation of long polymeric chains based on nitrogen and heterocycles during the manufacturing process of the product. These chains take longer to decompose, which provides the effect of slow nitrogen release. In addition, this fertilizer contributes to reducing leaching, volatilization and fixation losses, thus avoiding contamination of groundwater. It is also characterized by having a low Biuret content and does not generate toxicity symptoms in plants when the doses recommended by the agricultural advisor are used.
Another advantage of Nitracomp 25 is its adherent presentation, which allows an excellent retention capacity on the foliage. The film that forms on the leaves releases nitrogen slowly, through compounds such as N-methylene urea and triazones present in the long polymeric chains, allowing a gradual absorption. In addition, this fertilizer contains a rapidly absorbed nitrogen fraction in the form of urea.
Ferosor distributes Quipasur's Nitracomp 25 liquid fertilizer, and in the past month has carried out a field evaluation to demonstrate the effectiveness of Nitracomp and to show the technology developed by Quipasur in southern Chile. The main objective of these activities is to promote the efficient use of fertilizers in southern Chile.
Quipasur and Ferrosor have carried out various development and training activities in cities such as Loncoche, Los Lagos, Río Bueno, Osorno, Purranco and Puerto Varas. These activities have been led by Gerardo Ramírez, a consultant in pastoral production systems.